11/30/2006

Caution time

The market continues to churn at these levels. A slow distribution is visible in many stocks which rallied for long time. For some it might be end of their run, for some it might be a pause before they breakout again. It is not a time to be overly aggressive. The easy money period was couple of weeks ago.

I am mostly in cash and selectively nibbling at things which have recent catalyst. Today I picked up few shares of CBOU, Caribou Coffee Company Inc, DRRX, Durect Corporation, F, Ford Motor Company and ZIOP,Ziopharm Oncology Inc. Nothing major just playing with play money currently.

Here is what I have positions in or watching:

ABBC,Abington Community Bancorp Inc
ALY,Allis-Chalmers Energy Inc
AOB,American Oriental Bioengineering Inc
CBOU,Caribou Coffee Company Inc
CMT,Core Molding Tech Inc
CVU,Cpi Aerostructures Inc
DLLR,Dollar Financial
DSTI,Daystar Technologies Inc
DSW,DSW Inc
EMKR,Emcore Corporation
ERS,Empire Resources
GRA,W.R. Grace & Co
HRT,Arrhythmia Research Tech
MED,Medifast Inc
NCOC,National Coal Corp
ORCT,Orckit Communication Ltd
RVI,Retail Ventures Inc
SPF,Standard Pacific Corp
TSCM,Thestreet.Com
TTG,Tutogen Medical Inc
ZIOP,Ziopharm Oncology Inc
ZUMZ,Zumiez Inc

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny to see TheStreet.com on your list. Makes me think of Jim Cramer and your remarks the other day. I see the stock has been making a move the past two days. I have to admit, I listen to Cramer everyday on my drive home from work. I have an hour and a half drive every day and thank god for Sirius satelite radio. I don't trade on his advice but he sure is fun to listen too. Such an idiot!! The crazy things he says and does have me laughing all the way home. My wife hates him but my 2 1/2 year old goes around the house yelling Boo-Ya.

I've had good luck trading HRT again this week. Another good move yesterday so I lightened up my position. May add on pullback.
Happy Friday!

Pradeep Bonde said...

He is great entertainment. But his market sense and stock picking is atrocious. How did he make 200 million before retiring- simple wild bull market and access to inside information. His first book clearly says that.
As to markets, I am in cash, enjoying the correction. Will spend the day getting the Christmas tree and decorating it.
Happy trading and appy weekend.