7/19/2006

Google and Yahoo

Reader asks,
"I would like to know what you think of Google in the wake of Yahoo's disappointing earnings tonight."

I don't know and does not affect my trading. Google is in my database because it has had good earnings for several quarters. Post earning if it breaks out on high volume I might be a buyer. I do not track Yahoo. One individual stock seldom has an effect on market direction. If the market has to go up it will go up.
Even though Yahoo and Google are in same business, when it comes to online ads Google is the clear leader. Lot of people are talking about problems of click fraud and others like Microsoft getting in to business, but that has not slowed down Google. Google clearly is in growth phase currently. If it continues to grow earning, it will keep going up. What else can you buy in Nasdaq 100 which has as good an earning as Google currently.



I have been currently reading a fascinating book on Google, The Google Story and it give great insight in to Google.

2 comments:

muckdog said...

Lots of competition out there for eyes. Yahoo used to be the destination place. Google came. Now there's MySpace, YouTube, and even AOL is planning on going free.

Pradeep Bonde said...

You are right, besides that Yahoo has been lacking in innovation and typical of large companies complacent.