9/20/2006

The market correction/ pullback is playing out. Yahoo or no Yahoo, the market was due for a correction and so there is correction. Sometimes corrections are very scary, late bulls get butchered, shorts get over confident and then the market resumes in the intended direction.

While I watch and anticipate major Index moves, I make my money from individual stock plays. The individual stocks and sectors have a different rhythm and cycles and sometime when a correction get going a new set of of stock start their march forward or downward. So I have no hesitation in buying some stocks if they meet my criteria.

At a given time I have fewer than 25 stocks on my active buy list. Here is a small sample what I am watching currently IHR, MIG, CPY, MIGp, GEO, MEH, AEOS, SNTS, NRMX. I do not necessarily buy breakouts, most times I have buy stops on some stocks selected based on my criteria. That way I can go about doing other things while the market takes care of itself.

No comments: