Double Trouble update | stockbee


Double Trouble update

There are just 69 stocks up over 4% on high volume at this stage. A narrower set off stock are leading the advance.
Out of 100% plus earnings list OO is up around 12%. I did not take the trade as it had rallied a bit in to earnings. It might have more upside after a pullback. GES from IBD 200 list is up 4% on high volume and has lowest 65 days price growth. I took that trade.

ALGN,Align Tech Inc (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart
GPK,Graphic Packaging Intl (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart
IGLD,Internet Gold-Golden (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart
NXST,Nexstar Broadcasting Group (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart
OMCL,Omnicell Inc (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart
POZN,Pozen Incorporated (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart
REGN,Regeneron Pharm Inc (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart
SYNL,Synalloy Corp (Google  Yahoo  Earnings  Chart


Albert S. said...

Hey Pradeep, Looking at my list, I have ICE (from IBD 200) just slightly lower 65-day growth and if I am correct, it has a lower float. I actually took this one instead. Did you not have this one on your list or did you find something wrong with it?

walter said...


you got any thoughts/reaction to the weak performance of the nasdaq relative to the dow and s/p?


m said...

my filters resulted GES and IGLD as well. Would it still be too late to enter these stocks?

walter said...

pradeep, besides what you mentioned, what else do you like about GES?

you probably already saw this:
In a Form 4 filed with the SEC, Paul Marciano said he sold 7,700 shares Monday for $41.03 apiece and 21,300 shares Tuesday for $41.25 apiece.

may be no big deal... but still.

chartwise, it filled the gap and may be ready to resume upward movement.

the volume was decent but not awesome.

Art said...

Paradeep, would PNBK be a good example of the neglected stocks breaking out (which you have been working at teaching us)?

Nice earnings, then a dividend payout.

If not, what did I miss please?

mrstrader said...

Pradeep, thank you immensely for your site. You're one of the few people/sites that "get" it imho. I have traded successfully using somewhat the same system as you, but you have added many rules that should improve my results. 2 questions on buying earnings "gaps" (I'll use ICFI that was a recent earnings gap for example purposes) 1. would you buy the gap on day 1, wait for a pullback to say the 9 day m.a. or yet then wait for it to exceed the inital gap? I am always a little fuzzy on what the correct entry is on that type of play (I waited and bought on April 11 when the gap day's 20 high was reached. From a "time value" of money I suppose this was good, but of course that is only in hindsight and it might have continued to move up immediately from the gap day of March 21). 2nd question: however you enter a "gap" play, how would you set a stop? I have read all your posts and I am not clear how you would set a stop in that case unless you apply your 5 day rule. In the case of ICFI the 5 day rule would have stopped you out on day 5 if you bought the initial gap, but I believe it moved by enough % on April 11th to have gotten you back in. In addition to the 5 day rule, do you use any specific % stop on these gaps? Thank you so much and I hope these questions are not too detailed. ICFI is purely an example

Pradeep Bonde said...

1 Enter at open.
2 Stop at 2 days low before e entry day.

Pradeep Bonde said...

Nothing right or wrong. While calculating 65 days weakness I exclude the current day , so it is weakness as of previous day as stocks can go up 15 to 20% in a day changing 65 day value.

Nasadq may play catch up. But in past this has resulted in overall down moves after few weeks.

I by many times at next day open.

GES, many quarters of earnings momentum. Has history of beating earnings.
Insider selling is never a good catalyst for avoiding a trade, unless it is out of whack.


Art said...

Paradeep: I see TRCR's earnings tomorrow @ 11am. Last 3 earnings were 26, 24, 51%. Would this be a good stock to buy into now with this candle bouncing off the 50dsma as a potential hammer?


garytt said...

Art, if I'm not mistaken, TRCR numbers will come out after close today and conference call tomorrow. I own TRCR but I'm a little nervous going into earnings as I am with any long position. I may sell half this afternoon and then see what happens. I'd rather not take a big hit if there is a hiccup in their numbers. You may want to wait also since these stocks with low float can be very volatile. If it looks good you can buy in the morning and see how it does.

Art said...

You were right Gary. And she was a zoomer. Nice for a neewbie to Stockbee Theory to be able to begin seeing them.

Thanks for the input