6/08/2006

How I Became Such a Great Trader ;-)

Tradermike has a nice post on how he trades and what has contributed to his success.
He summarizes his approach to finding 1:3 risk trades.
I hope its clear to everybody that my goal is to find as many low risk, high reward trades as possible. I generally won't enter a trade if I don't think it has the potential to return 3 times my risk. So in R-multiple terms, I'm looking for trades that I think will be at least 3R.


He offers extensive details about his methodologies, hardware, software, trading psychology etc. His method is geared to high frequency day trading. But the basic principals of trading remain same. Find a methodology you are comfortable with and fine tune it.

In my experience many traders are not successful and give up because they flirt from one methodology to another rather than focusing on a simple idea and fleshing it out completely.

No comments: