12/02/2010

Exits are inherent to setups Part3

If you are struggling with exits ask yourself this questions
+Do I have a logically thought through setup?
+Do I understand what a setup is
+Do I understand how market moves in short term and long term
+Do I understand nature of trends
+Do I understand nature of momentum stocks
Thinking exits in isolation is not going to help you. There is no separate exit strategy. Exit strategy is inbuilt in to your setup logic. You cannot fix your trading problem by just fixing exit strategy.
Besides that very few profitable traders will make a claim like entries and vehicle selection does not matter, and only exits matter and you can make money using random entries as long as your exit strategy is right (as some claim).
If you believe that,  then unless you unlearn that belief you are doomed.

No comments: