3/30/2006

Why it's important you see the big picture

I always keep an eye on the macro analyst. I seldom trade based solely on these kind of analysis, but it helps to keep the mental pantry well stocked. One of the analyst I track regularly is Mark Boucher. In my opinion his book- Hedge Fund Edge is a must read for every trader.

We live in interesting times. Ones that I believe more than ever REQUIRE a full understanding of the big picture macro environment and its vulnerabilities. The most massive fiscal and monetary stimulus since Hitler has been injected into Japan, a major economy with global implications. The most massive CONCERTED GLOBAL central bank stimulus program since WWII is winding down. In my opinion, there has never been a time in my life when understanding the macro situation has been more critical than in the period of the next few years ahead.

No comments: