|Market Monitor |
|Daily||# of Stocks Up >4% on high volume||325|
|Daily||# of stocks down >4% on high volume||132|
|Primary||# of stocks up >25% in a quarter||3407|
|Primary||# of stocks down >25% in a quarter||240|
|Secondary||#of stocks up >50% in a month||38|
|Secondary||#of stocks down >50% in a month||2|
|Secondary||#of stocks up >25% in a month||272|
|Secondary||#of stocks down >25% in a month||40|
|Primary fast||MM 34/13 +||2999|
|Primary Fast||MM 34/13 -||629|
- The top line indication from Market Monitor currently is a likelihood of a dip as # of stocks down 25% in a month is approaching 200 levels.
- Such levels tend to lead to pullbacks.
- We have had 4 back to back 300 plus days in last five days.
- As a result of this buying pressure the # of stocks up 25% in a quarter has gone up from 3146 to 3407 in last five days.
- At these levels these readings are at highest level since this bull move started on 10 th March.
- On 9th March the #of stocks up 25% in a quarter was at 483.
- So we have seen impressive breadth improvement in last few months.
- That is what is reflected in our individual trades so far.
- We have been able to continuously find trades which made between 8 to 40% moves in few weeks since 10th March.
- As of now the number of stocks up 50% plus in a month is at 38. Which indicates that big 50% plus moves as % of total moves are not high currently.
- During the really explosive phase of this rally we had 300 plus stocks up 50% plus in a month.
- So market has cooled down and more moves are of 10 to 15% kind in a month currently.
- This is also reflected in the # of stocks up 25% in a month. This number is currently 272, compare that to April when the number was as high as 1400.
- So overall we have a market which is going up but the number of explosive moves (moves of 25% plus in a month) are not many compared to earlier phase of rally.
- That is one of the reason I have been taking profit at 10 to 15% levels on our trades as compared to previous period.
- How does the breadth number #of stocks up go up from 483 to 3407, by broadening of sectors and stocks participating in the rally.
- If you monitor the sector action daily you would notice this, everyday new sector stocks are having a breakout continued......