10/27/2021

"My recent equity curve is the smoothest it's ever been"

 Member feeback. If you want to improve your trading attend the upcoming November bootcamp. 


gravatar

Tweet from kjoo7

Posted on 10:15 PM Oct 26th 2021

Hi - this is my first Timeline post. I joined the community in August, attended the bootcamp and have been focused on getting rid of my previous trading 'baggage' by going deep and building a trading plan around MB's.

I traded well in early Sept, then messed around with short attempts during the chop (without really studying the setup) and went nowhere. Oct has been great with the favorable environment. I've been laser focused on small, consistent gains aiming for 0.25% - 1% - trying to compound on a daily basis with the occasional home run. A recent post from @pk was a huge revelation, so thank you PK! Even a lurker like me takes value from what many of you guys post. Posts from @mmonis and @LB have also been a big help in building my strategy.

This community and Pradeep's teachings have been unbelievable for my albeit early results. My recent equity curve is the smoothest it's ever been. I'll forever be grateful to Pradeep and the incredible content he puts out on literally a daily basis - it honestly feels like a cheat code.

That all being said, I wanted to keep myself accountable as I got ahead of my skis and gave some back today.

I felt myself chasing alerts on my focus list later in the day today in spite of my own SA pre-market and with what the scans were screaming early in the session.

Going to dust myself off, study harder and make sure I get better tomorrow and every day after. Here are some of the lessons / rules I noted to myself in my journal:

  • Trade smaller size if initiating after 7am PST
  • Never give back gains on a swing from the previous day - trail more tightly and at worst raise stop to breakeven
  • Currently my eyes seem to recognize MB setups that flag vs. break out of a flat range. Be aware of of this until I've done a deep dive to understand range expansion from flat ranges better.


If anyone read this, thanks for humoring me! Very happy to be part of this community. 

No comments: