12/05/2019

Member Feedback

THANKSGIVING
It is a good tradition to take a moment, especially, to reflect and give thanks for all that we have received.
In October 2018, I opened a purposed 6-figure trading account. The particular objective was to generate enough consistent income to sustain life without a paycheck. Q4 2018 was not very auspicious. By December, I’d taken a 20% drawdown. My default approach, trading volatility took a beating into December. I stuck with it while exploring other ways to diversify by products, strategies and durations.
The volatility crush in January helped and I started a slow recovery. Earning reports trades in January also helped greatly. I found the Stockbee videos and was then drawn to the site and joined. I attended the Bootcamp in the Spring and the Advanced Camp early fall. I’ve been sponging on everything.
Aha moments came here and there. Gradually, with effort, confidence grew as I layered the new approaches Pradeep teaches with what I was already doing and knew, infusing my own flavorings. Seeking a path adapted to my own nature and inclinations.
As of last Friday, that trading account has erased that 20% drawdown from December 2018 and in fact is up about 112% YTD.
But, while that particular outcome is good, that’s not primarily why I’m grateful. I’m primarily grateful because my confidence has grown. Grown because I believe I’ve found a path that is replicable, if I can stay on it.
Pradeep often says that the scans he teaches are nothing special. True. A system is only as good as the operator of the system. In his characteristic humility, he downplays the full impact of what he offers. He offers far more than that. I recognize that and am deeply grateful that our paths have crossed.
I’m also grateful for all the other members who offer their insights through what they share.
The Universe bends towards abundance. I’m grateful even for the painful lessons.
For 2010, I hope to build on this year by internalizing what Pradeep shared on the call yesterday about focal points for doubling your capital in 2020 while adding my own color to it. That color will be in the form of developing ways to trade all the methods taught here using options.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

No comments: