TILE and COLM are two good example of what you should look in a anticipation setup. It has linear first leg on high volume and is now consolidating on low volume. There are series of narrow range days during this consolidation. Both the stocks have been going sideways for few weeks now.
CYTK TTMI ANET WAB WBC AYI BSX CMPR EXPD IIVI TDG HALO BIO CDK EBIX HXL HD FDS NXPI TILE LXFT DST COLM DGI CHE RAX QLGC COT MMSI ALGT SEE CBRL MNST HELE LNKD PRAH FNFV ABY GNRC ASGN IFF PSUN SABR THOR SYNT BMS BJRI BLOX UAN JACK FSLR
Are some of the stocks today on my anticipation watchlist.
What to look for in good anticipation setup
- series of narrow range days in pullback/consolidation
- orderly pullback with no 4% b/d during the pullback or consolidation
- low volume pullback
- low volatility during pullback
- linear first leg if looking as continuation setup
- Stock should go up smoothly and not in volatile manner
- 3 to 10 days consolidation/pullback
- not up 3 days in a row
As the market is in pullback mode more and more stocks are also in pullback mode. Similar to anticipation candidates you can generate list of stocks in pullback mode likely to reverse on market bounce. That way you are ready when market shows sign of strength.