10/25/2007

IBD 200 Anticipation

This is a list I pulled out of IBD 200 of select stocks with less than 10% growth on month time frame. If you look at all these stocks chart, bulk of them are having a very orderly pullback or consolidation. So even though the market looks shaky and volatile, leading stocks are holding up very well. So I am not negative on market. To make me negative I need to see 65 days ratio deteriorating rapidly.

ABB ABX AIRM AMTD AMX ANDE ARD ATNI BBL BHP BLUD BPHX CADA CAM CEDC CELG CHTT CIR CLB CMED CMTL CPLA CYNO DIOD DNR DWSN ESI FCN FCX FLIR FTI FTK GME GRMN GTLS HEI HK HPQ IDXX IVGN
========
LAYN LECO LKQX LWSN MBT MDR MEAS MR MT MUR NBG NOK NOV PCLN PCU POT RIG RIO ROP RRC SINA SNCR SNDA SSRX STRA TDG TGB TISI TKC TMB TNH VMI WGOV WMS XTO

Out of these if you use 65 days 10% or less filter you get

AMTD AMX ANDE CIR ESI GTLS HPQ LECO LWSN NBG RIG ROP TDG TGB TMB TNH WGOV XTO

Now breakouts on these is going to get in to possible long duration rally with low risk. You can further reduce this list by float, earnings growth rate and trends, forward guidance, P/E, margin, ROE, chart patterns, etc to just get handful candidates. Track them intra day and enter.

If you are feeling overwhelmed, you have to use slower filters. Be more selective, increase your breakout threshold volume from 100000 to 300000. The more pre planning you do , less surprised and overwhelmed you will be.

4 comments:

Jack said...

Pradeep:Re:Hindenberg Omen

In your Mrkt Monitor are u seeing thing resembling it?

thxs
Jack

BlueBird said...

Pradeep:

Is your scan using today's prices as of about 9:00 am (your time) or y/day closing prices ? I was trying to run a program with y/day's closing prices, I did not get some of the symbols !

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Balaji V

Pradeep Bonde said...

I used the latest IBD 200, which came out last night.

BlueBird said...

Pradeep:

I was also using the latest (I got paper this morning) IBD200 list.

I was asking about the prices since I was using y/day closing price. I was wondering whether your software (TC) uses realtime data instead of y/day closing prices.

Balaji V