6/20/2007

Yaser Anwar stops blogging

Yet another blogger calls it quit. For Yaser, I guess it would have been imposible to continue blogging and work for any respectable firm.

I'd like to announce my permanent hiatus from the blogging scene. I've utilized the blog to leverage my knowledge and show my passion for the business, which has served me well, as I've learned from this experience a great deal and made a few contacts along the way. It is time now for me to concentrate on school and other important tasks that require my attention.

Also, during my blogging tenure I made a few posts and comments I'm not proud of, so I'm terribly sorry if I offended anyone, it was never my intent.

I would like to thank everybody who has ever visited the blog, made a comment and/or subscribed. Your time and visits are greatly appreciated. Wish you all the best.

Sincerely,

Yaser

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What could have set off this chain reaction in the blogosphere?

Pradeep Bonde said...

I am not ware of any investment bank or hedge fund allowing employs to blog freely. So he had no choice.

In fact his blogging might have prevented him from getting in to some good jobs.

NA said...

Pradeep- don't know how you know that but its quite true. Had to take immediate action for future.

Pradeep Bonde said...

If there is no track record, companies hire based on just few interviews. You created too much material for them to make up their mind before interview. Plus most big players do not want someone already famous at entry / management trainee level.

NA said...

PB-

I hear you. But a big + was also the passion part which they see and the content wasn't that bad. Overall, it has its -ve and +ves. Y