- It is tough surviving as a trader. If you do not have method or meaningful things to say or if your heart is not in to it, it is tough going. Most of those who dropped out were trying to day trade. Short term trading always has and will continue to have very high failure rate.
- There is a proliferation of marketing blogs. These blogs are designed to sell newsletter or mentoring or coaching services or black box software. Now most of these blogs have teaser posts. Because they don't want to give out their secret, mostly such posts are meaningless.
- All blogs following technical analysis have same set of charts and indicator yet different interpretation of same thing.
- There is only one original Kirkreport way to summarize lot of links. Many try to duplicate that style but few can replicate it.
- If you have "the" in your blog name, you are likely to be clubbed with lot of "the" in blogroll. Putting number in title is best way to be first on the list.
- If you are putting video on your blog, ensure that it does not slow the load time. Some sites are so slow to load that I removed many from the link roll because of that. I also removed some which use various tricks like auto refresh or java script to hijack your browser.
- If you don't offer full feeds , do not offer feeds at all.
On trading bloggers
This weekend I spent some time cleaning up the blogroll and in the process found many blogs have stopped updating. Here are couple of random thoughts on trading bloggers.