However many of you have trouble finding a software to do the exact calculations for Double Trouble. The other problem you face with Double Trouble is many possible opportunities on day to day basis. To overcome such problem here is a modified Double Trouble method. I can not think of a new name for it currently, but at some stage will rename it.
This is extremely Telechart friendly version.
- Calculate relative rank using : ((C - AVGC135 ) / AVGC135)
- Take the top 2% stocks ranked by the above scan.
- Run a combined month weakness plus breakout scan on the top 2% stock. :(100 * (C1 - C22) / C22) < 10 AND ( 100 * (C - C1) / C1) >= 4 AND V >= 1000 AND V > V1
- You will get 0 to 5 candidates on daily basis. If you want even lesser number of candidates take 1% only in step 2. In that case you will get 0 to 3 candidates on daily basis in most circumstances.
- Initial stop at 3 days low. Trail after 20% profit with 10% stop.
- Risk 1% of equity.